Update on the eZine, new patterns, etc ...

First, I want to take this moment to thank you, my dear quilty friends, for all the outpouring of love, support, and kindness we've received from you during this very difficult time. I'm still wading through literally hundreds of well-wishing, kind e-mails! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: quilters are the BEST people! Who else unthinkingly props up another person, despite their own troubles? Who else is capable of the care, consideration, and kindness? Who else is just the embodiment of the spirit of community?!!

I also want to reassure ya'll that I've still been busy as a bee. While waiting in doctors' offices, waiting to pick up the hubby from work (he works on a military base - and my badge to get on base even labels me his "official driver!" LOL), waiting while another load of laundry dries (strangely enough, even with all the changes his confinement incurred, the housework DIDN'T change - it's still waiting!!), I was on my new lappie learning EQ. It's really streamlined the whole design process! While I'm waiting for hubby to see his doctor (who pokes his knee and says "Yep, you really hurt it!"), I'm designing a quilt!! While I wait for the dishwasher to finish churning, I've designed a new block (to use in a new quilt)! While I wait for the dryer to finish a load, I've "installed" new fabrics!

No affiliation, of course, but EQ has allowed me to keep "quilting" even while I get so many other errands done, giving what creativity I have a much, much needed outlet. It's been a life (and sanity) saver. And it's more than exciting to know that I will be able to provide those of you who've taken the leap to EQ6 the files that I use to create my designs! Knowing that you'll be able to add the blocks I design to your libraries, use elements from my applique blocks the way YOU want to just tickles me to death! I really hope that ya'll share pics of your quilts or even screenshots of how you're using my designs!!

And please let me reassure you that the eZine is still in the works. My hubby's accident HAS pushed things back (obviously) but I still have the files, the artwork, the patterns, the recipes, tips, and sew much more. It's been way too much fun to quit now. And too many of ya'll have contributed for me to turn my back on the eZine now. The last thing I'd want to do is disappoint ya'll!

I'll be dusting off my Mac and getting more patterns uploaded this weekend. I think that, more than anything, is what ya'll have been waiting for! I'll have EQ loaded on my Mac (where it's easier to draw - since I have a tablet and stylus on that machine) and I'll be able to get right on back in the groove of designing, illustrating and UPLOADING!! Nothing makes me happier than to hear how much ya'll like my patterns and I love thinking that ya'll might be using them! Maybe on a quilt for a loved one? Maybe in a wall-hanging for a housewarming gift? Or maybe just to use that yummy fabric you just HAD to buy at your LQS?! :)

Now, I'm curious about ya'll ... I'm going to post a poll asking you who taught you or inspired you to quilt. Please take just a minute to tell me how YOU decided to express yourselves with quilts!!

Alrighty, to close I'll get a little bit mushy and tell ya'll how much I missed you!! I missed the e-mails, the comments ... the feeling that I was connecting with such wonderful people such as ya'll!! Every day, since my first post, I looked forward to posting here, wondering about who was reading this, what ya'll were thinking, what you've been working on ... what you're like as a person (not just someone's mom, friend, sister, daughter, etc - but who you ARE). I really hope ya'll write me and tell me! :)

Until next time ...

Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie :)

PS - Alma, Debi, Cathy, Yvette, and Heide, I'm writing you back!! Just give me a little bit longer - I have lots to say (but then, ya'll know I'm a talker!!)! :)

0 comments: