Update ...

Hi ya'll! I'm sorry I've not uploaded any new patterns in a coon's age! :( Things around here have been awfully hectic ... packed hubby off for an extended biz trip to the UK (lucky him, huh?!) and made him PROMISE to visit several quilt shops in the area - with the hopes that I'll get a few squishies when he gets home!! :) Also, school for us is starting in about 2 weeks, so I've had to get the kiddos outfitted best I can (everything's picked over already!!). Then, what with the whole blog situation (that was about 12 hours that I'll never get back!!) and the overwhelming amount of e-mail I've been getting (THANK YOU!! I LOVE hearing from ya'll!) ... well, I'm not complaining in any way, shape or form, but it does set me back a bit in designing. :)

New Pattern Coming up SOON!!
Right now, I'm finishing up a 3 panel dragonfly applique - I've gotten at least 14 requests for dragon flies! You can use them all together as a wall-hanging - or split them up and use it as a "medallion" or just use them as regular ol' blocks. I think it's turning out real cute - there's a couple of ducks in there, too! What's a scene with pussy willows without ducks, right?! :)

And the eZine ....
I'm still working on the eZine (And Sew On ...) and we're up to over 36 pages! YIPPEE!! It has been SEW much fun working on the eZine, hearing from ya'll, and getting to design appliques!! All of my loves wrapped up in a big ol' fabric covered package! :) I've got the download page designed and ready to go - so once the 'Zine is done, I'll send ya'll the link and you can go and download it from there. I figure that way, I won't clog up ya'lls e-mail boxes with big files. But don't worry - I've been using PDF files for forever, so I'm experienced at making sure that the PDF won't be a nightmare to download! :)

For those of you with EQ software ...
Also, I just wanted to let ya'll with EQ know that I'll be putting in downloadable links to EQ project files - I figure that might make things even easier? It might be a bit of a pain in the rear end to download, size wise, but hopefully they'll be worth it! All you'll have to do it "click" the link in the PDF and the download will automatically start ... and if any of you are mega-experienced with EQ and want to give me some pointers on how to make it as painless as possible, I'd sure appreciate it! I'll also be getting Quilt-Pro soon, so I don't leave ya'll out, either! :)

And you oughta see ...
Oh, and one last thing - sort of a plug, I guess. I've been taking a class at Quilt University (a site a wonderful lady gave me - I had never heard of it! LOL) ... it's a "Math for Quilters" class, taught by Dena Cain. And I have to tell you ... if you ever feel the need to sharpen up your math skills or need help designing your own blocks or patterns (and who doesn't?!), I'd HIGHLY recommend this class! Her class and instructions are super easy to understand, without feeling "dumbed down." She's been making the class VERY fun and exciting (and I never thought math could be exciting OR fun!!)! The tuition isn't much at all, either - only about $27, IIRC. And you definitely get "bang-for-your-buck!"

Okee-dokee ... I have oodles of e-mails to reply to and I have 4 quilts I'm designing - complete quilts. I'll post "teasers" here, but the rest of the patterns and instructions will be in the eZine. Mainly because I don't think a simple blog is the right medium for'em. For some reason, I work better in InDesign (what I use for layout - then I export to PDF) than Blogspot! What is it they say about teaching ol' dinosaurs tricks? ;)

I should have the dragonflies posted soon! Please keep an eye out! :)

Until then ....

Big ol' quilty hugs!!
Connie :)

0 comments: